Arrives in 3-7 Business Days
Trusts and Estates Legal Strategies is an authoritative, insider s perspective on successfully drafting and executing estate plans. Featuring partners and chairs from some of the nation s leading law firms, these experts discuss strategies for understanding a client s objectives, analyzing and planning a strategy, and implementing and monitoring an estate plan. From educating the client and determining the client s goals to executing legal strategies, these authors discuss credit shelter planning, transfer tax, gift tax, GST tax exemption, and more. These authors offer tips for dealing with risk, avoiding common mistakes, adding value, and developing a positive client/attorney relationship. In addition, these lawyers offer sample documents, including Irrevocable Trusts, Grantor-Retained Annuity Trusts, and Draft Language for Testamentary SNT. Finally, these leaders reveal their strategies for planning defensively, keeping abreast of change, and finding creative solutions in a variable area of law. The different niches represented and the breadth of perspectives presented enable readers to get inside some of the great legal minds of today as these experienced lawyers offer up their thoughts around the keys to success within this dynamic field.
Inside the Minds provides readers with proven business intelligence from C-Level executives (Chairman, CEO, CFO, CMO, Partner) from the world s most respected companies nationwide, rather than third-party accounts from unknown authors and analysts. Each chapter is comparable to an essay/thought leadership piece and is a future-oriented look at where an industry, profession, or topic is headed and the most important issues for the future. Through an exhaustive selection process, each author was hand-picked by the Inside the Minds editorial board to author a chapter for this book.
1. Theodore A. Hellman, Partner, Hanson, Bridgett, Marcus, Vlahos & Rudy LLP Estate and Transfer Tax Planning
2. Lauren Evans DeJong, Shareholder, Schuyler, Roche & Zwirner PC One Size Does Not Fit All
3. Daniel L. Daniels, Principal, Cummings & Lockwood LLC Building a Plan to Accomplish the Client's Goals
4. James M. Kane, Attorney, Chamberlain, Hrdlicka, White, Williams & Martin What Differences Make a Difference in Choosing a Lawyer?
5. Thomas A. Doyle, Attorney, Garan Lucow Miller PC Giving the Client What They Want
6. Matthew A. Berlin, Partner, Rubin and Rudman LLP Issues in Estate and Gift Planning
7. Steven A. Meyer, Partner, Posternak Blankstein & Lund LLP Structuring an Estate Plan