Arrives in 3-7 Business Days
Wrongful Discharge Litigation Strategies provides an authoritative, insider's perspective on assisting plaintiff clients with cases of unfair termination. Featuring top partners and chairs from across the country, this book discusses the most important elements of wrongful discharge litigation and outlines the ways lawyers can address them. From determining which state or federal laws apply to a potential suit to negotiating settlements and damages, these experienced attorneys examine the crucial steps involved in representing employees who have been wrongfully fired. These top lawyers also consider the effects of recent court cases, such as UT Southwestern Medical Center v. Nassar and Vance v. Ball State University, and analyze the rise in multi-plaintiff suits in this area. The different niches represented and the breadth of perspectives presented enable readers to get inside some of the great legal minds of today, as these experienced lawyers offer up their thoughts around the keys to success within this ever-changing field.
Inside the Minds provides readers with proven business and legal intelligence from leading C-Level executives and lawyers. Each chapter offers thought leadership and expert analysis on an industry, profession, or topic, providing a future-oriented perspective and proven strategies for success. Each author has been selected based on their experience and C-Level standing within the business and legal communities.
1. J. Gary Gwilliam and Randall E. Strauss, Partners, Gwilliam Ivary Chiosso Cavalli & Brewer APC - Effectively Handling Multiple Plaintiff Employment Law Cases
2. Gary R. Carlin, Managing Partner, Carlin & Buchsbaum LLP - Workable Strategies for the Employment Plaintiff in Wrongful Discharge Litigation
3. Toni J. Jaramilla, Owner, Toni Jaramilla APLC - Key Strategies in Wrongful Discharge Litigation
4. Kashif Haque, Partner, Aegis Law Firm PC - The At-Will Employment Rule and its Impact on Wrongful Discharge Cases
5. Archibald J. Thomas III, Owner, Law Offices of Archibald J. Thomas III PA - Staying Up-to-Date on New Developments in Wrongful Discharge Cases
6. Ryan J. Vlasak, Partner, Bracamontes & Vlasak PC - Defining Supervisor Control and Causation in Wrongful Discharge Litigation
7. Peter Rukin, Partner, Rukin Hyland Doria & Tindall LLP - Key Elements of an Effective Wrongful Discharge Case