Arrives in 3-7 Business Days
A comprehensive and cross-cultural look at the sociology of education. The text integrates important and diverse topics in the field by showing how they are related. The Sociology of Education: A Systematic Analysis provides a sociological analysis of education using several theoretical approaches. The authors include practical applications and current educational issues to discuss the structure and processes that make education systems work.
- Upon completing this book, readers should be able to:
- Learn diverse theoretical approaches in the sociology of education
- Assess important current or emerging topics, including higher education, informal education (climate and the hidden curriculum), the school environment, education around the world, and educational movements and alternatives
- Understand how change takes place and what role sociologists play
- Become involved with educational systems where they can put to use the knowledge available in textbooks