Arrives in 3-7 Business Days
Most epidemiology workbooks are used as supplements to existing texts. The student reads the chapter, finds the answers, and fills in the right blanks. This is good for understanding basic principles and methods, but for students looking for real-world examples to sharpen their skills, there is Exercises in Epidemiology. This easy-to-use workbook features:
- Over 100 questions drawn from actual studies
- Answers conveniently provided behind each question, allowing students to compare notes with a senior epidemiologist
- Seven chapters organized around basic epidemiologic principles, such as confounding, cohort studies, and multiple causal pathways
- Case examples that increase in complexity and difficulty throughout each chapter, neatly reflecting the increase in skill in applying principles to previously unseen situations
- Questions designed to assist students in identifying and overcoming limitations in design or analytic approach
This book can serve to extend students' knowledge of epidemiology beyond material presented in class or in textbooks, and in so doing can better equip them to deal with real-world issues they will face in their careers.