Arrives in 3-7 Business Days
Featuring work from expert contributors, World Religions: Western Traditions, Fourth Edition, provides students with an authoritative examination of Jewish, Christian, Muslim, ancient, indigenous, and new traditions. Accessible and engaging, this acclaimed text explores the origins, central teachings, divisions and branches, rituals and practices, influences on culture, and responses to modern challenges for each tradition.
* New chapter structures better reflect the uniqueness of each tradition
* Newly written chapters on Jewish and Christian traditions bring fresh perspectives to the volume
* A new Recent Developments section for every tradition provides more focus on contemporary issues
* A revised and updated Current Issues chapter better tackles key challenges facing Eastern traditions today
* Additional coverage of the role of women offers students a more inclusive overview of each tradition
* Dynamic pedagogical features including Traditions at a Glance, Document, Focus, and Sites boxes, bolded key terms, maps, photographs, timelines, sites, text extracts, and further reading lists help bring each tradition to life for students
* New learning tools including chapter outlines, chapter summaries, discussion questions, and Sacred Text tables make difficult topics easier for students to understand
* An exceptional support package includes a Companion Website at www.oupcanada.com/Oxtoby, an Instructor's Manual, a Test Generator, PowerPoint-based slides, a Student Study Guide, and more
Ideal for courses in Western religions and comparative religions, World Religions: Western Traditions, Fourth Edition, combines a historically descriptive perspective with a spirit of sympathetic fascination.