Arrives in 3-7 Business Days
Known for its richly diversified styles of repertoire and ensemble pieces and its abundance of creative materials, Contemporary Class Piano, Seventh Edition, includes the widest-ranging repertoire of solo and ensemble pieces available in any beginning piano text. Elyse Mach presents an abundant solo and ensemble repertoire--which includes classical pieces and folk, jazz, rock, pop, and blues tunes--providing ample opportunities for students to improvise, transpose, harmonize, and compose accompaniments.
FEATURES OF THE NEW EDITION
* Reorganized from six to ten units, the material is now more accessible for classroom use.
* Twenty diverse new reading, repertoire, and ensemble pieces introduce students to music of various styles and levels of difficulty.
* Unit 9 provides additional practice opportunities in interpreting chord symbols and harmonizing.
* More score reading examples in three- and four-part settings provide reinforcement of chorale style reading.
* Alto and tenor clef reading examples are introduced.
* Two new appendices offer more help: Appendix B features vocal and instrumental accompaniments to help students further develop skills, and Appendix E offers a timeline and historical overview of the style and characteristics of music from the Baroque period through the 21st century.
* Appendix A presents new material on transposing instruments.
* New CD and MIDI disk icons in the text indicate track numbers for ease of reference.
* Practice Strategies boxes give beginners helpful hints.
* A Classic Miniatures section of excerpts contains original keyboard pieces written by master composers.
* Worksheets appearing at the end of most chapters provide further practice opportunities.
* A new in-text audio CD for students, which includes orchestrations by renowned composers Phillip Keveren and Jason Nyberg, presents selected pieces at both practice tempo and performance tempo.
* A set of four MIDI disks--containing approximately 240 orchestration accompaniments prepared by composers Phillip Keveren and Jason Nyberg--motivates students to practice and complete their assignments more readily. This set is available free to adopters.
* The Instructor's Companion Website (www.oup.com/us/classpiano) will offer suggested lesson plans, teaching tips, and full track listings for the in-text CD and Instructor MIDI disks.