Arrives in 3-7 Business Days
NOTE: Used books, rentals, and purchases made outside of Pearson
If purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson, the access codes for the Enhanced Pearson eText may not be included, may be incorrect, or may be previously redeemed. Check with the seller before completing your purchase.
This package includes the Enhanced Pearson eText and the loose-leaf version.
This is a new edition of a best-selling, exceptionally applied look at how to teach elementary language arts effectively in every classroom, for all students. Language Arts: Patterns of Practice, 9/e sets the bar for K-8 language arts methods texts, not only for its coverage of the six language artslistening, talking, reading, writing, viewing, and visually representingbut also for its presentation of the instructional approaches (patterns of practice) teachers use to integrate the teaching of language arts within literacy instruction. Author Gail Tompkins, well known her accessible and practical presentation of information, includes complete descriptions about and strategies for teaching reading and writing workshop, literature focus units, literature circles, and thematic units. The book features chapter-opening vignettes that showcase classroom teaching, mini-lessons that demonstrate how to teach language arts concepts, and step-by-step details on a variety of instructional procedures, all presented in an easy-to-follow manner that shows how the concepts apply to the classroom. New to this edition is the pervasive and specific alignment of Common Core Standards for English Language Arts to classroom practice, including classroom examples and features that identify how the standards can be met using specific methods. The Enhanced Pearson eText features embedded video, interactive step-by-step instructional procedures, and assessments.
Improve mastery and retention with the Enhanced Pearson eText*
The Enhanced Pearson eText provides a rich, interactive learning environment designed to improve student mastery of content. The Enhanced Pearson eText is:
- Engaging. The new interactive, multimedia learning features were developed by the authors and other subject-matter experts to deepen and enrich the learning experience.
- Convenient. Enjoy instant online access from your computer or download the Pearson eText App to read on or offline on your iPad and Android tablet.*
- Affordable. Experience the advantages of the Enhanced Pearson eText along with all the benefits of print for 40% to 50% less than a print bound book.
* The Enhanced eText features are only available in the Pearson eText format. They are not available in third-party eTexts or downloads.
*The Pearson eText App is available on Google Play and in the App Store. It requires Android OS 3.1-4, a 7 or 10 tablet, or iPad iOS 5.0 or later.
0134059808 / 9780134059808 Language Arts: Patterns of Practice, Enhanced Pearson eText with Loose-Leaf Version -- Access Card Package, 9/e
Package consists of:
- 0133846628 / 9780133846621 Language Arts: Patterns of Practice, Loose-Leaf Version
- 0134047303 / 9780134047300 Language Arts: Patterns of Practice, Enhanced Pearson eText -- Access Card