Arrives in 3-7 Business Days
The definitive guide to the full spectrum of neurology
This is one of the best neurology textbooks available, providing the distilled insights and knowledge of some of today's truly outstanding neurologic clinicians....Like its predecessors, the current edition features writing that is clear and concise, yet conversationalit almost feels as if the reader is on rounds hearing the insights of a truly superb clinician....offers a great deal to the serious student of neurology and is well worth the investment. This outstanding text will continue to be a key resource for neurologists and neurosurgeons, as well as resident trainees in those disciplines. Many practicing internists, emergency physicians, and pediatricians will also find it to be an excellent resource. --JAMA
A Doody's Core Title ESSENTIAL PURCHASE for 2011!
4 STAR DOODY'S REVIEW!
This book should be an essential element in the library of both young and seasoned clinicians....This has always been a successfully balanced textbook, combining a personal approach to the study of neurology and neurologic diseases. This edition, now 1572 pages, expands on the prior editions admirably. It achieves the difficult task of refreshing and updating a classic. --Doody's Review Service
one of the iconic texts in clinical medicine. The fact that it is now in its ninth edition attests to its durability and credibility as a comprehensive source for the pathophysiology, evaluation, and treatment of disorders of the nervous system. First published in 1975, it has withstood the enormous changes in neurological sciences during the subsequent decades and has remained a staple on the reference shelves of practitioners from a variety of backgrounds and training levels....A unique attribute for a volume of this size is that each chapter is written by the same authors, thus achieving a uniformity of voice....As a gold standard text, the ninth edition of Adams and Victors Principles of Neurology would serve as valuable complement to any medical library. --World Neurosurgery Journal
Adams and Victor's Principles of Neurology provides all the information you will need to confidently handle any neurologic problem, from disorders of motility, and derangements of intellect, behavior, and language, to the degenerative and neuromuscular diseases. Having this gold standard text on your reference shelf is like being able to consult with skilled clinicians on a daily basis. More than a compilation of facts, Adams and Victor's delivers expert insights not found in any other resource that help you understand every aspect of neurological disease.
Written in a conversational style, the text offers practical, yet in-depth, coverage of both common and rare illnesses. Adams and Victor's Principles of Neurology also includes timely, complete, and accessible treatment and clinical management strategies.
- Balanced presentation of evidence-based research coupled with the perspectives and experience of world-renowned expert neurologists
- Logical six-part organization reviews the clinical method, cardinal presentations, diseases of the central nervous system, diseases of the peripheral nervous system, and psychiatric disorders
- A-to-Z coverage of cardinal manifestations, including disorders of the special senses; epilepsy and disorders of consciousness; disorders of energy, mood, autonomic, and endocrine functions; and neuromuscular, spinal cord, and psychiatric disease
- Focus on symptoms, etiology, diagnosis, and treatment offers complete, practical guidance in clinical practice
- Special section on growth, development, and aging related to neurologic disease presents the latest, cutting-edge research in this integral area