Arrives in 3-7 Business Days
Let a Team of Leading Architects Take You through 20 Large-Scale, Sustainable Facilities Designed with Green Methods and Materials!
A vital working tool for all building professionals interested in green architecture and construction, Sustainable Facilities presents an in-depth look at 20 facilities that were designed for environmental organizations and were constructed and now operate using green building methods and materials.
Featuring contributions by leading architects in green building, this expert resource examines each building_from planning through operations-- covering new construction, energy-efficient design, operational cost savings, historic preservation, renovation and expansion, land conservation, and LEED ratings.
Packed with 200 black & white and full-color illustrations, Sustainable Facilities takes readers through the Woods Hole Research Center Chesapeake Bay Foundation Environmental CenterConservation Law Foundation Headquarters Marion Art and Environmental Center Thoreau Center for Sustainability California EPA Headquarters BuildingForestech CentreInstitute for Forestry and Nature Researchand many other facilities. This skills-building reference features:
- Discussions of 20 facilities_from planning to operations
- Contributions by leading architects in green building
- Answers to FAQs about sustainable methods and materials
- Guidance on the advantages and obstacles involved with green projects
- Methods for weighing up-front costs against operating costs for facilities
Essential for architects, engineers, and contractors, Sustainable Facilities presents state-of-the-art guidance on all the materials, methods, and costs needed for success in green design and building.
A groundbreaking resource in the literature of green architecture and construction, Sustainable Facilities offers building professionals everywhere a compelling, in-depth look at 20 facilities that were designed for environmental organizations and were constructed and now operate using green building methods and materials.
Written by award-winning architect Keith Moskow, together with a team of leading architects in green building, the book focuses on the unique challenges of each buildingfrom planning through operations-- covering new construction, energy-efficient design, operational cost savings, historic preservation, renovation and expansion, land conservation, and LEED ratings.
Sustainable Facilities also explores the advantages and obstacles building teams face on green projects, and explains how to weigh up-front costs against operating costs for facilities.
In addition, this cutting-edge reference provides answers to many frequently asked questions about sustainable methods and materials such as:
- How did the design process differ from that of a conventional building?
- Has the building performed up to expectations?
- Were the initial building costs higher than conventional costs?
- What effect has the building had on its users?
- Has the building changed people's perceptions of sustainability?
Filled with 200 outstanding black & white and full-color illustrations, Sustainable Facilities examines a wide range of noted green buildings in the U.S., Europe, and Australia, including:
- Woods Hole Research Center (Falmouth, MA)
- Conservation Law Foundation Headquarters (Boston, MA)
- Appalachian Mountain Club's Highland Lodge (Crawford Notch, NH)
- Doyle Conservation Center, (Leominster, MA)
- Bay Education Center (Providence, RI)
- Chesapeake Bay Foundation, Philip Merrill Environmental Center (Annapolis, MD)
- PEEC Visitor Activity Center (Dingmans Ferry, PA)
- Gwinnett Environmental and Heritage Center (Gwinnett County, GA)
- World Birding Center (Rio Grande, TX)
- Kresge Foundation Building (Troy, MI)
- National Outdoor Leadership School Headquarters (Lander, WY)
- National Park Service, Carl T. Curtis Midwest Regional Headquarters (Omaha, NE)
- California Environmental Protection Agency Headquarters (Sacramento, CA)
- Thoreau Center for Sustainability (San Francisco, CA)
- IslandWood (Bainbridge Island, WA)
- Marion Art and Environmental Center (Marion, IA)
- The Robert Redford Building (Santa Monica, CA)
- Federal Environmental Agency Headquarters (Dessau, Germany)
- The Forestech Centre (East Gippsland, Australia)
- Institute for Forestry and Nature Research (Wageningen, Netherlands)
Authoritative and up-to-date, Sustainable Facilities now equips architects, engineers, and contractors with a state-of-the-art guide to green design, construction, and operations. The reference contains information on materials, methods, and costs that will enable them to take an integrated team approach to green design and building for facilities of all kinds.