Arrives in 3-7 Business Days
Your one-stop guide to Linux--fully revised and expanded
Get in-depth coverage of all Linux features, tools, and utilities from this thoroughly updated and comprehensive resource, designed for all Linux distributions. Written by Linux expert Richard Petersen, this book explains how to get up-and-running on Linux, use the desktops and shells, manage applications, deploy servers, implement security measures, and handle system and network administration tasks.
With full coverage of the latest platform, Linux: The Complete Reference, Sixth Edition includes details on the very different and popular Debian (Ubuntu) and Red Hat/Fedora software installation and service management tools used by most distributions. This is a must-have guide for all Linux users.
- Install, configure, and administer any Linux distribution
- Work with files and folders from the BASH, TCSH, and Z shells
- Use the GNOME and KDE desktops, X Windows, and display managers
- Set up office, database, Internet, and multimedia applications
- Secure data using SELinux, netfilter, SSH, and Kerberos
- Encrypt network transmissions with GPG, LUKS, and IPsec
- Deploy FTP, Web, mail, proxy, print, news, and database servers
- Administer system resources using HAL, udev, and virtualization (KVM and Xen)
- Configure and maintain IPv6, DHCPv6, NIS, networking, and remote access
- Access remote files and devices using NFSv4, GFS, PVFS, NIS, and SAMBA