Arrives in 3-7 Business Days
The must-have reference in dermatology--now completely revised and updated in full color!
A Doody's Core Title for 2011!
5 STAR DOODY'S REVIEW!
This is the BEST edition of Fitzpatrick's Dermatology in General Medicine. Every chapter has been completely rewritten and updated; many new chapters cover new topics such as atypical melanocytic nevi, oncogenes, and epidemiology; and therapy, which in previous editions was not extensively covered, now has over 300 pages devoted to therapeutics, surgery, and laser. Clinical color photographs and microscopic color photographs of histology appear in every chapter, a big improvement over the older editions that had black-and-white pictures. Everyone needs to own a copy of this superb seventh edition....This is an outstanding book and if you have only one dermatology book, this is the one. You should beg, borrow, or sell apples on the street to buy it. It is the BEST! --Doody's Review Service
In no other source but Fitzpatrick's can you find the most comprehensive, current, and authoritative coverage of the entire spectrum of dermatologic science, diagnosis, treatment, and management. Now in a more accessible format, with everything you need to know about skin, skin symptoms, and skin diseases right at your fingertips -- from the basic science of the skin as an immunoprotective organ to the day-to-day clinical issues of managing skin diseases like psoriasis, acne, and skin cancer.
Encyclopedic in scope, yet skillfully edited so that it's easy to read and use every day, this unsurpassed resource delivers a timely look at dermatologic therapeutics as well as dermatologic surgery and cosmetic dermatology. In addition, 3,000 eye-catching full-color photographs and hundreds of time-saving tables encapsulate core concepts, while scores of references facilitate further research.
NEW Full color design
- At a glance overviews give you the key points of every chapter
- Diagnostic and Treatment algorithms guide you through the clinical thought process
- Boxes on differential diagnosis with helpful cross-referencing ensure that you find the content you need when you need it
- Color clinical photographs and useful diagrams let you see diagnosis and treatment as you read about them
- More than half the illustrations are NEW to this edition!
- Attention-getting icons lead you to additional content online
- Basic science chapters are grouped with the corresponding clinical chapters
- Dermatologic disease chapters are organized by location of symptoms and then by causative mechanisms to facilitate comprehension
- More chapters on dermatologic surgery and cosmetic dermatology
NEW CHAPTERS ON: Sweet Syndrome, Parapsoriasis, Lichen Sclerosus, Vitiligo, Mechanisms of Autoimmune Disease, Innate and Adaptive Immunity, Diagnostic Procedures and Devices, Body Art, Occupational Skin Disease, Topical Therapy in Ethnically Different Skins, Drug Interactions, Complementary and Alternative Dermatology, Flaps and Grafts, Surgical Complications, Cosmetics and Skin Care in Dermatologic Practice, and more
Digital Access: E-BOOK DOWNLOAD of the entire text with the ability to search and annotate content and download images into your own presentations is included in your purchase.ALSO AVAILABLE: Access to Dermatology in General Medicine OnLine (DIGMO) website. SEE INSIDE THE BOOK FOR DETAILS OF THIS OFFER
- Updated monthly, this all-inclusive online resource is filled with additional text, images, and references