Arrives in 3-7 Business Days
Mike Shanahan believes that the game of life is won--or lost--before you take the field. You can't win any important game without a plan for how to win it, nor live a successful life or pursue a rewarding career without a clear outcome in mind and a detailed plan for how to achieve your goals.
Coach Shanahan knows about achieving big goals. Armed with his plan, he and his world champion Denver Broncos have elevated themselves to spectacular levels of performance. In three amazing years, they transformed a mediocre, aging franchise--and their legendary quarterback who just couldn't win the big game--into the most feared powerhouse in the league; with back-to-back Super Bowl rings to prove it.
Now, in Think Like a Champion, Shanahan opens his playbook to show the X's and O's of winning, a detailed game plan to help you storm the field with foolproof strategies, confidence, and the indomitable will to win. Shanahan's principles of success are as deceptively simple as they are challenging:
- Preparation is key. Having prepared for every possible contingency, Shanahan expects to win every game he plays. He's usually right.
- Whatever the sacrifice, it is worth the price of pursuing your passion. Give every game everything you've got, or don't bother to suit up.
- Break down the competition's weakness and learn from their strengths. There's a system to studying game films, to observing your competitors on their home field before the big game. Apply it every time you enter a new market, pitch to a new customer, or face a critical decision.
- Pick great leaders and give them the power to inspire. There's a John Elway on your team. Give him the ball, and let him lead.
- Set huge goals. Hey, this isn't going to be easy. It's about work ethic and balance. In short, it's about believing that achieving the impossible is all in a day's work.
Everything in Mike Shanahan's life has prepared him to write this powerful book. He has worked with some of the best and some of the most difficult owners and coaches in the game, and he has coached a roster of players ranging from underachievers to All-Pros. In the ultra-competitive world of the NFL, he is a champion among champions. With his innovative mind, tenacity, and determined leadership, Shanahan has risen to the elite coaching ranks in the NFL. Armed with his vision, and these proven success principles, you can improve your chances on Game Day--or any day of the week.