As the first person that many people encounter in their contact with the veterinary practice, the veterinary receptionist has an important part to play in inspiring confidence in clients. The new edition of this popular book remains a unique guide specifically for the veterinary receptionist, providing practical, easily accessible information on how to fulfill this role professionally and efficiently. It advocates an understanding of the role of the receptionist as integral to the practice and supplies the basic information that every veterinary receptionist needs to function effectively. The new edition includes fully updated information on client service and dispensing as well as first aid along with 2 new chapters. The start of each chapter now has a summary outcome identifying specific objectives. The authors have included more scenario cases so the readers can identify more closely with the text.
- The first UK book specifically written for the veterinary receptionist, providing quick access to the information most requested by clients
- Provides practical guidelines to improve professional practice - learn how to become more effective in your role as the 'face of the practice'
- Learn how to deflect and deal with complaints from angry clients, as well as coping with the distress caused by a pet's illness
- Case studies used to help the reader identify and learn about specific issues and situations
- The authors provide highly practical tips, checklists and quizzes throughout the book, promoting reader interactivity
- Fully revised and expanded chapters, including fully re-written chapters on labelling and dispensing; client care solutions; first aid; and client service
- Inclusion of more case study boxes and further reading references
- Fresh 2-colour text for easy reading and increased navigability
- New, durable cover