Arrives in 3-7 Business Days
Cecil Textbook of Medicine has been one of the world's most trusted medical references since its original publication in 1927. In the 22nd edition of this classic text, more than 450 renowned authorities present the very latest clinic knowledge augmented by a superb new full 4-color design and internal navigation system. Here you'll continue to find comprehensive coverage of the scientific foundations and biological basis of disease processes; an introduction to clinical practice protocols; current concepts of pathophysiology, diagnosis, and treatment -- all presented by distinguished experts in a new user friendly, graphically appealing 4-color format. The core of the text continues to encompass the disorders of the major organ systems, including the approach to the patient, clinical manifestations, diagnostic procedures, and treatment strategies. Text includes a bonus CD-ROM all of the text's illustrations, tables, and algorithms.
- A new section on clinical pharmacology provides sound theoretical basis for pharmacotherapy critical to medical practice
- New evidence-based medicine summaries in therapy sections provide Grade A (randomized controlled trial) evidence, including reference sources, for the leading current therapeutic and management recommendation.
- The expanded oncology section provides thorough coverage of all key cancers, including completely new coverage of some cancers (eg, testicular cancer)
- New full 4-color design permits the addition of hundreds of new color photos as well as the integration of old photos into the text at the appropriate point (rather than as color plates far away from the chapter)
- Unique internal navigation system, including diagnostic and 'clinical syndrome' algorithms and treatment summary tables designed for optimal and timely retrieval of information
- Comprehensive coverage of pathogenesis (including molecular genetics), diagnosis, and therapy to explain why behind the how
- Flow diagrams facilitating the best approach to diagnosis and treatment of the most common complaints and diseases